|The anchor on the left is the State Park, the anchor on the right is where we're moored|
Photo credit: muskegonpowersquadron.org
Our marina is a no-frills marina; we have no pool, the showers are luke warm on a good day, and you won't find fancy landscaping anywhere. But what you will find is an affordable marina that is known world-wide for rigging and sailing with helpful staff to answer questions about all things sailing related, a few industrial barges, one of which is aptly named "Anchor Yanker", and a great sailing community. Perfect. I'd hate to loose valuable time on the boat because I was lured to a cool pool and an open lounge chair. No siree, that desolate gravel/pavement parking lot/yard offers no such distractions, thankfully.
Plus, let's be honest, if we had to dish out a couple grand every year to keep our boat somewhere I'd be not only bitter about it but probably too
What we like
- The price
- The dog friendly atmosphere (even in the ship store) and dog run on shore
- Location-just around the corner from the channel to Lake Michigan
- The privacy on a mooring vs. slip
- The people-no stuck up yachties here!
- Having to load/unload the dinghy to get to/from the boat
- Having to lug the outboard motor and gas tank back and forth from home every trip
- Us and our stuff getting wet going to/from shore (sometimes)
No need to shell out the big bucks for views like this. Actually, the view from our mooring may have even been better!
|Photo credit: Sailinganarchy.com|