Ron and I went up this past weekend to check on our hillbilly-of-a-tarp-job on the boat. I wasn't sure what to expect, part of me thought we'd pull in and see our tarps blowing wildly in the breeze. We'd had a seriously windy couple of days and I was a bit afraid of what we'd find. To my delight we came upon this:
What a relief!!
We checked everything over, added a few more staples, re-allocated a few strips of duct tape and hoped she'd hold up for a while. We also wrastled (that's right....wrAstled) the sails, remaining cushions and the companionway stairs out of the cabin, into the cockpit, around the tarps and ropes strung up all over, down the ladder and into the truck. Phew!
Our neighbors could have used some duct tape...clearly ;)
Now it's time for me to get my rear in gear stripping and refinishing the stairs and getting started on reupholstering the interior cushions. I've lured Ron's mom into going with me to the fabric store for fabric and supplies and with her help, the cushions might actually look like cushions when I'm done. Plus, she gets awesome discounts on this stuff by being a frequent flyer buyer! Let the cursing fun begin.