The cushions on the boat appeared to be in great condition, until you flipped them over and saw mystery stains on the bottom, blown out seams and rusted zippers.
|Looks nice from afar...|
|But don't look too closely. Eek.|
We had to find a little balance between color and too much color for our small interior space and I think we found it in Solarium's Halliwell Caribbean indoor/outdoor fabric:
The project started off a little rough and got worse when we forgot to add some extra length to a couple cushions for the velcro back (no more rusted zippers). But then we added a little extra fabric, found a groove and made some progress. I even tried my hand at sewing some piping. I'm not sure if it was just awkward because I'm left handed and felt like everything was backwards or I'm just really uncoordinated at sewing, but mine did NOT look that great. So Ron took over sewing, I did a lot of pinning, cutting and marking and we both measured out the cushions before cutting to make sure we didn't mess up...again.
Here's what we've got so far:
|So coordinated ;)|
Now, on to the stripes - let's just hope we can keep 'em straight!