|What a dreary view|
After what seems like a couple of months, we finally got up to see the boat. When it's this grey and miserable just sitting on her or tinkering around can help make me feel better. So tinker we did; we double checked the stock measurements against actual ones for the cockpit cushions we ordered, played around with where to put different galley gear (as in, where is it going to all fit??), noticed a little ice build up in the bilge (adding more antifreeze to it) and readjusted our dorade vents (those white little smoke stack type of things on the cabin top). Turns out, along with letting in fresh air, they also let in snow and found that we had a cute little snow drift on the floor. A shake of the rug and a slight turn of the dorades and we *should* be good.
|Done done done!|
We ended our wild day by removing old screens and finally finishing the v-berth upholstery...cutting it a little close with material, but it all worked out in the end. While we've got Ron's Mom's sewing machine commandeered, we're tackling the screen projects next, which includes making a companionway screen/zipper cover. Should be interesting.